Monday, July 6, 2009

"Thank You"

Such a short/small phrase, yet it gives such great pleasure to those who are on the accepting side side. At the same time, it also gives wonderful elation to the giving side because it means that one has done something worth mentioning and being grateful for. It's such a common expression for many people to say, but did you ever take the time to actually stop and experience a 'thank you' from someone who truly meant it from the bottom of their hearts? On the other hand, did you actually take the time to live in the emotions you feel when giving thanks to someone, especially those you truly care about, from the bottom of your heart? 

Such a simple, common phrase yet sometimes, I forget to even mention it to show my appreciation to my most beloved parents. It had to take a simple 'thank you' from someone I truly care about, and for me to be on the receiving end to open my eyes to the importance of the phrase and the significance of actually saying it to the person.

My parents, especially, do anything and everything for me and I rarely ever say 'thank you' even as a consolation for all their hardwork. But I was on the phone saying goodnight, asking if someone felt better, not expecting it, and then he said it. "Thank you though," was what I heard, and it just made me feel so warm and appreciated, and it just felt good. So from now on, a proper and much deserved THANK YOU will be devoted to the most selfless people I know. And for those of you, make sure you always remember to give thanks and show your appreciation to those who help you through your days. You never know, that simple common phrase may just brighten and make their day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment