Sunday, September 6, 2009

Rudimentary

I LOVE YOU

for reasons that I, myself, cannot explain.


I LOVE YOU

and this, I know, because every love song or poem reminds me of you


I LOVE YOU

because even when I’m mad or sad, I thank God if it’s because of you.


I LOVE YOU

when you make me smile and laugh


I LOVE YOU

when you make me cry and make me feel like I am only half

the person that I once was when you’re not there


I LOVE YOU

for things that others, and sometimes, even I would hate you for


I LOVE YOU 

because you were the first to make me feel this way:

joy, anger, depression, and solitude all mixed into a melting pot of my love for you


I LOVE YOU

because my heart sinks to the lowest of the ocean floors every time I hear the low in your voice


I LOVE YOU

because my heart cries tears of joy when your smile brightens the day already lit by the nearness of you


I LOVE YOU

for reasons still undisclosed for conversation


I LOVE YOU 

because even when I try to put words to this overwhelming feeling, no word is ever strong enough, no phrase is ever powerful enough, no sentence is ever good enough, and no proclamation is ever bold enough to express just what you truly bring.


I LOVE YOU

and pardon me if I can’t answer why




I LOVE YOU


just because.



2 comments: