Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I am tired


I lay on my bed tired from today's events,
my feet propped up on a stack of pillows and blankets,
wishing my mind can do the same...
Be propped up on a stack of blankets that is bliss 
and a stack of pillows that is peace- of mind.
I lay on my bed, tired.
Tired of the routine that has fallen upon my days,
as if nothing will make me a better person
unless I follow the same routine of:
A. going to classes
B. interacting with a smile on my face
C. being okay with feeling like I'm the only one who feel this way at this one moment in
time.
I lay on my bed, exhausted.
My mind afflicted with such issues
and my heart inflicted with such pain...
Pain that seems to seep deeper and deeper into me
because I fail, 
No, I choose not to speak on it,
I choose not to fill in the voids, the gaps, and the holes 
that will make me whole.
I lay on my bed, thinking
of the many times I've been fed up,
Tired
of not saying what I wanted
because I didn't wanna cause the same pain that was so unconsciously thrown upon me,
stripping my innocence, 
my happiness
my strength away
that I am left with nothing,
but anger 
triggered randomly by even the littlest pangs of frustration.
Now I lay on my bed, defeated.
As if all the weight is on my body
there is no other way to be but lay,
because this burden is so heavy
that all I feel like I can do is lay and cry
but if I cry,
the tears my longing eyes will shed
will bury me under
so I choose to be silent.
I weakly choose to keep these voices in.
I retreat instead of attacking.
I choose to be the nice one,
the bigger person,
the one gets hurt.
Somehow I feel like Jesus with this pain.
They say it's easy...
Just say what you wanna say,
but sometimes, 
the things we wanna say the most
are the ones who will cause pain the most
so we choose to be silent...
I choose to be silent.
And until that one day comes when I feel as if certain people can take on my burden,
I will choose to be silent.
I will choose to be the nice one
I will lay on my bed tired,
and I will choose to be still.
...until then....

1 comment: