Sunday, January 24, 2010

I am my own Rock.

I read another blog just today and something clicked.

They say that everything happens for a reason and that is easy to accept, but the
hardest thing to do is find the reason why such things happen.

As I read this particular blog from eccentricsouls.blogspot.com, I realized that
this particular situation, however hurtful, happened because it gives me the
opportunity to focus on myself and the things I want to accomplish to get ahead.

It's like somewhere in this pain, I became enlightened and my spirit was revived and
renewed. Like a phoenix almost...it dies but after a while, it is revived, and is more
beautiful. With the pain, I have to move forward, and with moving forward, I will have
the opportunity to better myself, and learn about who I am. Learn about who I truly
am, so that I can have a strong grasp of what I want and need, and be strong enough
to recognize as well as proclaim what they are.

At the beginning of this year, I said that it will be the year of the lover. I still
believe in that very much so, but what I'm starting to realize is that maybe, it's
the year of loving myself. It is the year for me to recognize and focus on the
opportunities I have to better myself, and better others while I do so.

It has only been a couple days since the pain started trickling down my very cheeks
but it seems to get easier and easier even with every minute because I realize the
good things that are still around me and within me, as well as the brightness of
doors that are now open that lay ahead.

I am so inspired and bright-eyes for the great possibilities that are ahead of me
after what has transpired. I can only smile as I look back and ahead of what was and
what is going to be. I choose to not let negativity take a hold of me and I choose
to not let my love have negative power over me. That was not my intention when I
started loving and it is still not my intention for my own love to be poisoned by
pain. I intend for such love to flourish and develop into an anecdote that may cure
the ails of the heart and of the soul.

I choose to not let it take a toll on me because it will only weaken my spirit and
hinder me from moving forward. And I cannot let anything, no matter how heavy the
fall, burden me from ever loving again, ever smiling again, and from ever prospering
again.

I choose to grow. I choose to develop. I choose to blossom instead of wilt under
pressure. I can only be me, and I can only do it once...so I'll make the best of it,
and trust that I'll be okay. No matter what.


No comments:

Post a Comment