Monday, January 25, 2010

If all else fails...


P R A Y.

Persevere.
Rejuvenate.
Awaken.
Yourself [through Him].


I went to church with my parents this morning. I needed to go to church today. I needed to speak to God today, and be present & surrounded by his presence. As always, I was renewed and my strength was revived.

During the Homily, Father John Dolan talked about individuals who went through hardships and struggles. He mentioned a baseball player who was about ready to change the face of baseball because he was THAT great. But something happened and he got hurt. He wasn't hurt to the point where his career was in jeopardy, but he did need some time off to go to therapy and recover.

In the short time that he was off, he began a healing process- little did he know, he was not only healing his body, he was also healing his soul and his heart. In that little amount of time, he realized that he had a calling to serve God. So at the time that he was to come back to start playing again, he made the radical choice to give everything up instead and he chose to serve God.

Now this got me thinking. The priest said that it takes time to heal, and in doing so, we are able to slow down and discern just what it is that we need. We are able to look deep within what has happened to us, and really think about what we want and need out of life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I know I've mentioned my faith in past posts but lately, I have been speaking to God much more deeply and frequently because I am not whole right now. I've been asking him for goodness, strength, courage, wisdom, guidance, peace, and happiness. I've been praying for Him to cradle me into His arms and let His love fill my life, and I've been asking for understanding so that I may not look back and feel resentment or anger.

Lately, I've been growing into the woman who I'm meant to be through God's grace and God's will. I'm grateful for the privilege of having a relationship with Him because when all else fails, I come to Him and cry to Him because in the end, He is the only one who knows what's in my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment