Wednesday, February 3, 2010

500 Days of Summer


Tom: Look, we don't have to put a label on it. That's fine. I get it. But, you know, I just... I need some consistency.
Summer: I know.
Tom: I need to know that you're not gonna wake up in the morning and feel differently.
Summer: And I can't give you that. Nobody can.




I finally got to watch this movie, which I've been trying to see ever since it came out this past summer I believe. It was such a cute, quirky film. Maybe there's a reason that happened because I definitely was able to fully relate to Tom and his character.


I cried. I had to. It left me feeling undisclosed and sad. I don't wanna spoil the movie for those of you who might read this and may not have seen the movie before. However, I will say that it is amazing how much our expectations differ from the reality of things. It's amazing how different things are in our minds in contrast to things that physically happen, especially when talking about two different people. There is not one person who will have the same exact perspective as another, yet we still find a way to connect and feel.


I don't wanna say too much more about the movie, but I will say that I appreciated watching it. I needed to watch it, relate to it, and somehow manage to learn from it. I definitely recommend it with two thumbs up!



The hardest thing to accept sometimes is the truth.




2 comments:

  1. Aww, kay i NEED to rent this over the weekend<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's just me but I wasn't feeling this movie too much. :p There were some scenes though haha.

    ReplyDelete