Saturday, February 6, 2010

Falling in Love [in a coffee shop?]


I read this from my homie thisismycool's blog, and I felt compelled to copy it and post my answer along with it.

HIS POST:
so a while back when i was on twitter i asked a question and haven't gotten an answer yet. now it wasn't really put out there to get an answer, more so to stir up some thinking. [...usually the purpose behind all of my tweets] so i'll ask the question on here and hopefully some beautiful minds will come across this and provide some insight. do you have to "fall" in love or can you "walk" into it. now it may seem like a joke, but i'm serious. the word "fall" makes it seem like it something unexpected. like it's a mistake or something. and i mean i can understand when love comes about unexpectedly or "by mistake" [if that even makes sense]. but what if you carried yourself towards love knowingly. completely aware of what happened, what's going on, what's going to happen. or is that impossible? what if i chose to "jump" into love? i'm seriously looking for some insight on this so if you come across this, offer a little something. doesnt matter how old this is, every opinion is greatly appreciated. spread the word. 'preciate ya ;)




MY ANSWER:
I never thought it the way you just expressed how "falling" in love can seem that way...but I think that it is referred to as "falling" because people don't start talking to people expecting to feel that way about the person they initiated that conversation with. So with that said, I think it is somewhat unexpected... BUT personally, if it was with someone you spoke to about your deepest thoughts and even your most random thoughts, you can't help but feel much strongly, and in that case, fall in love with that person, and have them fall in love with you. I don't think it's a good idea to say that one fell in love "by mistake"...it could have been unexpected, but loving someone is never a mistake because love is a beautiful thing, no matter the shape or form...whether it was expected or not. I think that if you "knowingly" carry yourself towards love, and for some reason didn't know what to do after you have "fallen", you will end up finding the answer in your heart. I don't think it is possible to "jump" into love because I feel like love, the pure and true kind, takes time to develop and does not just come as soon as you meet that one person. I think that "walking" into love is similar to "falling" in love in the same that it is still a movement. But at the same time, walking into love seems kinda forced to me, and almost expected as opposed to falling in love...and I'd rather fall in love than walk into it, because personally...I prefer doing things that are spontaneous an unexpected, but in the end...leave a very powerful effect on those who were exposed. But that's just me.


What do yall think?


No comments:

Post a Comment