Sunday, February 7, 2010

Weekly Words of Wisdom



Today's homily was about motivation. Fortunately enough, I was there to hear it and listen to God's words speak to me and lift me once again.


He said that motivation comes from those who love us. People who unconditionally route for us because they appreciate having us in our lives. He said that motivation comes from God to do things to better myself and those around me so that I, as well as they, may not suffer any longer.

He also said that motivation comes from different sources. He said that God comes in our lives and motivates us through our sufferings because it causes change. It gives us the ability and the opportunity to change who we are from who we used to be in order to improve.

I am forever grateful to have heard those words from the priest. Struggles are motivation for progression. Yes! I agree. I am thankful for these obstacles because I know they continue to remind me of the accomplishments that I will and have achieved. They continue to rescue me from the daily fragments of depression and emancipate my heart and mind from my own imprisonment.

Today had been a wonderful and enlightening day. It all started off with that beautiful Gospel spoken to me. Ironically, to make things even better, the Saints won. God's words and deeds are always at work.

To top it all off, I was awaken today. I am revived. My spirits are renewed because I was able to sing again. I went to an Art Collective rehearsal for this Saturday's high school conference. I was able to express myself through music and spoken word with the guidance of the cajon Justin beat, the dances Leslie and Chevy performed, and the music Crystal, Diana, and I sang. It feels so good to sing and perform again, and know that I am doing it with people who share the same passions as I do.

I am once again motivated. I thank them, but most of all, I thank God for uplifting me and guiding me back to this light.




IMAGINE what MOTIVATION can do for YOU.

2 comments:

  1. You looked stressed out on the first photo. Relax! Smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. regardless, you look beautiful in both pics(:
    I'm soo glad to hear you're lifted Love<3

    ReplyDelete