Saturday, March 13, 2010

To each their own...



It is when we are most vulnerable when we find the most strength. Strength that comes from within and among the truth we seek in others and in God.


For the past few weeks, I have been dealing and coping, and I find that David was right. He said that only time will tell & it takes time. Everyday is a new day. Most days, I wake up and I'm well, I'm good. Other days, I'm not so good but the things that keeps me going is knowing that I have accepted and continue to do so. I accept the days, good and bad, and I learn to deal with them. After all, I can only control my reactions and my composure, and not anyone else's.

For the time being, I can only do what is necessary for me. Briana said it best the other day when she said that we need to treat broken hearts like broken bones or broken arms. If we had a broken arm, we would take care of it and rest it until it fully heals. We wouldn't ram it into hard things and other things just to see and prove that it is strong enough. Some people don't give broken hearts the same rest it needs. People tend to "ram it into things" and do things for it to get re-injured when it has not even completely healed from the initial injury.

Right now, I am at a stage of recovery, surrounding myself with good vibras, times, and people. I am at a vulnerable place, but with that being said, I am learning things about myself that I never knew before. I am setting a better foundation for myself, and as for my heart, it is healing. Thankfully, it is only injured, not dead. So to another day, cheers!




2 comments:

  1. Cheers!:)
    I'm soo glad I read this.
    It's so true about a broken heart, it needs some time to heal, fully.
    I'ma take those words to heart.<3
    Glad to see you're goin' strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, indeed. This Briana girl hit the nail on its head when she made the broken heart/broken arm connection. And time heal all wounds. Keep your head up missy!

    ReplyDelete