Monday, January 5, 2009

depth. heart. mind. strength.

'But I'm in luhhh-uhhhh-uhhh-veeee with someone else' 
I'm laying on my bed, peacefully tryna sleep on my first night back...an aim conversation, then a texting session.
I wish you knew what I see.
I wish you knew what I feel.
I wish you knew what I thought.
I wish you knew...
Same words, different destinations, involving the same one person...but different outputs. Why does the heart beat something different from what the mind dictates? What I need is always different from the one I want, and it either hurts me or someone else. One of them said, "You gotta hurt one or the other in order to be happy and then move on..." Not really the exact quote but the same idea. I believed him then, and I still believe him now...I just didn't think it would be so difficult to decide what I should hurt because it pains me either way.
One seeks my heart and one already has it [or so I think]. One encourages me to speak and one needs the encouragement to speak. One is new and one is old. 
Jazmine Sullivan speaks for me when she sings, "In Love with Another Man" Ahhhhh, SIGH!



***TORN...let there be a sign

No comments:

Post a Comment