Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ahhh, Sunday!

Who knew that mass can relate back to real life? Well, shit I guess everybody does but it actually hit me today. 

The priest was talking about suffering and how those who are weak and those who suffer are actually the ones who are strong in the eyes of God. I got that and I was pretty convinced. Then lunch came and I asked my dad a simple question, and like always, with absolutely NOOO disrespect for him, he kinda lectured me about surrounding subjects and made me realize that the priest was right. I have been selfish and even with one simple question, I can hurt him and my mom because sometimes, I ask for things they cannot provide and it hurts them because they just want what is best for me.

I realized, well he made me realize, that material things are not as important and that I shouldn't strive to be possessive or even obsessive towards them, because in the end, they are just that- THINGS. And I understand that, but sometimes, I feel extra guilty because I feel like I cannot control my desire to keep up with the Jones' as they say and it makes me feel really bad.

I'm glad I have a dad who can help me get my feet back to the ground and have my mind straightened back to reality and help me focus on what is really important- family, education, and success- which will definitely come. And with that, I can possess all that I want. I just need to have patience, understanding, and strength- just like in other aspects of life, like in relationships and what not.


On a lighter note [LOL], my girl Esther became a salvation for me today. She called me up when I was just laying on my bed, about to fall asleep and do nothing again, and we went to go get our nails did! Now, I got some french tip acrylics- well, with pink, almost reddish tips, and yeahh, well it's not all that much, but I appreciate seeing her since I haven't seen her in months and I missed my shawtayyy! :)

Took me away from hours and hours and hours that I have to myself to think and overanalyze shit. But today just felt great because I realized some good thangs, and I remembered what my babe said- how I should appreciate what we have, and even if we don't talk as much or whatever, it doesn't mean that we care less about each other.
babe u knw i nisse u alot

tht shud never b a question

n theres no doubt i feel the same

but i toldddddddd u

i get worried wen u say shit like tht

cuz i feel so much pressure

like i hav a 1% chance of not hurtin u

n it kills me cuz ur my nissey baby

n i always want u around in my life

i knw u feel strong boo

but u cnt let tht get in the way of life n u livin

its good 2 hav thm

but dnt let tht hinder u

let it guide u

u wud jus gotta b strong 4 me baby

jus dnt worry abt it

enjoy where we're at

dnt take it 4 granted

dnt beat urself up over nthn

we str8t boo

we're good

u hav me in a place tht no one is rlly capable of doin

so smile muthafucka


- and that goes along with the rest of my relationships as well





***OPTIMISTIC


No comments:

Post a Comment