Monday, August 24, 2009

Threshold


I've been meaning to write this blog ever since I got home from mass yesterday afternoon because it got triggered by the priest's sermon. He was talking about pain threshold and how he doesn't have a very high one because even on television, he cannot stand to see other people get hurt, especially when he knows that it is not fictional and it's actually happening. 

It made me realize that I have two sides when it comes to pain thresholds. One side: I cannot see other people get hurt physically, and more importantly emotionally or mentally because it causes me to break down for and with them. Therefore, I realized that I don't have a very good external threshold when it comes to others. On the other hand, I also realized that I do have a high pain threshold, both physically and emotionally, when it comes to internal things and when it comes to my very own situations. 

I realized that I can stand the pain of getting hurt if it means that someone else will take pleasure, in whatever way it may come. It's pretty interesting because if you observe the way I act and react, like I do my own actions, you will definitely see what I'm talking about, especially when it comes to people who are in my very special circle. I can bear to get hurt and sometimes, it's because I know there's emotions involved either way. Just a simple observation, because I've always thought I had high physical pain threshold, but as time goes by, same goes to show with the other aspects.





***MERE OBSERVANT
I miss him genuinely. I pray he's doing well.


No comments:

Post a Comment