Thursday, August 6, 2009

To whom it concerns...

The book talks about acting like a lady but thinking like a man. And in that same book, Steve Harvey writes that a man may truly care about a woman, yet he won't commit until he feels like he is man enough to do so...meaning, he's already got himself together that is good enough for his own standards and has prioritized a woman to be in his life. I understand that concept, no matter how hard it is to take, yes, I am fully capable of comprehending it, especially with what is happening.

However, just as he states that men LOVE differently than women, women also THINK differently than men. With that in mind, I say that I will not buy into the title of the book, however catchy it is, because I don't believe in changing my genetic make-up. First of, because I really don't know how, and secondly, I will not apologize for being a woman- for caring about someone, for wanting to be a part of someone's life, and for making someone happy. I embrace the way I think, despite the many circumstances in which I constantly overthink, it's what makes me, me. I embrace the way I care about those I love. I would do anything in my power to make them happy and comfortable, but I won't let myself stay in a situation where I'm not wanted or welcomed anymore. I refuse to be ignored and look stupid, so while I still have my dignity, as hard as it may be, I'm gonna walk away. Maybe that's what it takes for that person to truly find what it is they want and need to be solid.

I've come to terms with what I need. It may not be what I want, because idk how I can be friends with someone I care about this much. I'll be honest, I've never felt like this about anyone before, to the point where I'm willing to fight for something, and even let go of what I want if it means good for the other person. But sometimes, you can't always have what you want.



***AT PEACE.




P.S. To whom it may concern, if you happen to read this, it's not a statement against you, because anyone who knows will tell you how much you mean to me, and probably always will. But like I said, I don't wanna argue with you...I just want us both to be coo and at peace, whatever form that may be.



No comments:

Post a Comment