Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wo[man] on the Moon

I was most definitely upset today, which I haven't been in quite some time. All because of this bitchassness that was occurring and still continues to do so, for reasons that are undisclosed even to me. Then to top that off, this one muthafuckah made me wanna sucker punch his ass in the face...and on top of that, I found out what I got on my Chemistry midterm. Yeah not so hot- at least not as well as I thought I did. Yeap, it was a rough day and it's not even over yet. I've got laundry to finish drying and folding and one more section and I'll be free. Luckily, I'm doing much better, some thanks to this one friend of mine [no need to mention who it is, you know who you are] and a bar of chocolate. What a woman thing to say! LOL but anywhoo, I was walking to class and my mind wandered off to this:



Kid Cudi said it best with that song, "Man on the Moon". Sometimes it's better to be alone and "enjoy your own company" especially when things aren't going very well. Why let negativity swallow you whole when you can step back, heck maybe climb up to the moon and reflect on the things that made you feel bad and not like yourself to begin with? What's wrong with being on the moon? It means you've reached new heights literally and metaphorically because you've accomplished something that most people search for their entire lives- inner peace. So enjoy the moments that you have not being completely all good. Thrive in the moments that put a frown on your face. It is thanks to those "moments" that you can enjoy the smile brought by the times when you ARE at your best. Be that wo[man] on the moon so you can be that same great woman with the sunshine on her precious face.



No comments:

Post a Comment