Monday, December 28, 2009

"Eating Animals"


It is so true how we have such an idealistic vision that the foods we ate, especially the carnivorous type, come from farms that naturally grown these animals for us to consume.

But in reality, as the author of this book talked about, chickens, cows, and pigs that we consume are all "farmed" indoors, in a place where they are caged.

It's not normal nor is it healthy for these animals to grow that way, and it's not healthy for us humans to consume them either. They are fed with hormones and antibiotics, and once we eat them, we consume such chemicals as well.

The author was talking about how this way of "farming" is the most expensive way of feeding mankind because it causes bigger issues than just abusing animals. It caused global warming and even swine flu. So even though it may be cheaper to buy $1 cheeseburgers, in the long run, it is really more costly as a whole.

I wanna read this book. I wanna learn more about the things I put in my body and in m children's body in the future. The book is called "Eating Animals" by Jonathan Sahfran Foer. Let's all get informed, get educated, and get healthy!


1 comment:

  1. I think I saw this on Oprah or the Colbert Report or some talk show. Let me know how it is if you read it. :)

    ReplyDelete