Sunday, December 27, 2009

Forgotten Existence


"My love exist in an era that has been forgotten."

Love is in the air. Love is in my heart. But somehow, that air seems so out of reach
that it almost leaves me breathless and I suffocate.

It's like my love is enclosed and sealed within a vacuum, lost and unfelt, unnoticed
despite its strength.

This generation and this society has been so privileged to have advances in science,
technology, and medicine in order to better the lives of people. It has improved
immensely on the logical aspect of life. But how much better can one's life be if
one's love cannot be expressed to the point where it seems to have been placed in an
era lost in time?

It has come to a point where I had to question my own intentions, my own emotions,
and my own being whenever I speak or even think about love and what it means to
me...because its value to me seems to not be the seen in society ANY MORE.

I almost feel like I'm at a loss for words and like I can't process this phrase, "My
love exist in an era that has been forgotten," because there are so many
interpretations that my mind branches off into that I cannot come to a consensus. I
almost feel like I'm babbling and not even making sense, and like I'm speaking in
too formal of a form right now when I'm talking about love, but maybe it's my
subconscience telling me of how uncomfortable the talks about love make people
think.

My friend commented on my post about how some girls these days cannot even take a
poem seriously and don't know how to accept such a heart-felt present, which caused
him to feel turned down and what not. Unfortunately, I would have to agree with him.
We have reached a day and age where some of the most valued things are the most
taboo, where as sex can be so openly discussed in public!

Why can't we speak about love and all the wonderful things about it without getting
a stank reaction or a face that clearly wants to ask, "are you kidding me?"

Another friend of mine just told me (2:23am) that I'm "thinking too much" so I
should just "let go" so here I am letting go. Here I am letting my thoughts spill
right out of my head into this piece of technology that ironically, despite making
my life easier, makes it harder for me to express myself personally and serve as a
barrier for emotion.

Our era is so consumed by technology that we, I, forget the foundation that people
from 100 years ago lived with. Passion. That's what fueled the invention of this
device- someone's passion for electronics. And that was what fueled the people to
fight for a ban on gay marriage and interracial dating.

I'm going in all sorts of tangents and places, but the one thing that I want to
point out is how much we FORGET what is really IMPORTANT to us. We forget about the
things that make us who we are when all we are left with is the clothes on our back
and nothing else. We forget about the FOUNDATION that holds us down, that centers
us, and takes us back to OURSELVES in times of troubles.

We get so scared of loving and proclaiming that love for whoever he or she may be,
and for what? We get so engulfed by the material things that surround us, but why?

I don't even care how redundant this may seem, but this year, I haven't been feeling
the value of certain occasions like Christmas and my birthday. I didn't know what it
was that kept me from feeling the presence of such special times until I realized
that it wasn't the occasion but the people I shared it with. This holiday season, I
got the greatest gift of all, thanks to my prayers. I was able to truly see the
significance of the people around me who love and support me unconditionally. I was
able to feel their care. I was blessed with feeling liberated and not being scared
anymore to say how and what I felt, and that made me feel the true spirit of the
season.

My love exist in an era that has been forgotten. Yes, it sure does but it exists in
my heart and in the hearts of those receiving and worthy of that love. It may have
been forgotten by the rest of the world, but to me, it will always remain alive,
reminding those I cherish the most just how much they mean to me. And maybe, just
maybe, that reminder will spread to every face and every heart, one soul at a time.

12/27/09
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment