Saturday, December 19, 2009

Romeo & Juliet


I was watching Romeo & Juliet, the modernized version and it fueled my already
burning questions and thoughts.

Why can't we express that way any longer? Nowadays, we just send texts, BBMs,
emails, and all other technological advances to the significant others we love
or care about.

Whatever happened to sending hand-written love notes and letters. I have an old
soul, and I'm not embarrassed to say it. I enjoy poetry and serenade and simple
words as such, but we are just so surrounded by superficiality.

The passion is decreased. The essence is lessened. So a kiss is less valued. A
promise is less treasured. A vow is less cherished.

I wish things, people, were more old school in that way. Go up to a girl's
house to see her, instead of just go online and Skype her. Sing to her
instead of just go on the radio and dedicate a song to her. Write her a love
note or a poem saying how much you care and how beautiful she is instead of
just shoot her with a text saying "hey baby u so sexy".

Where is that kind of love that would make us do anything and everything for
the other, despite family feuds and despite all odds? The kind that would make
us feel dead and would literally make us dead with the lack of it? I'm not
saying I'd literally commit suicide if my love dies, but I mean the kind of
love that will make you feel weak with lack of it. The kind of love that
strengthens you, makes you glow, makes you better, makes you believe. The kind
of love that binds you, that engulfs you with every kiss, every hug, every
embrace. That kind of love that makes you say, "Parting is such sweet sorrow.


2 comments:

  1. Dooood I so feel you on this. I love to write poems and stuff but some girls find it "cheesy" and it just kinda brings you down but yeah I dig this.

    p.s. I haven't got to start your canvas yet, I've been trying to get my car running but I promise to have it done before the break, :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this. I totally agree with you. =)

    ReplyDelete