Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy _____ Day!

December 20th. A day to celebrate two of my most beloved people. Technically three, but my parents count as one unit, and my roomie/homie Elize is another.


HAPPY 19th BIRTHDAY to my homie Elize!


It was her birthday on that same day also. I know I've only known her for a year and some change but I cannot be more thankful to have a friend like her in a place that is so full of strangers and confusion. I know I can be a lot to handle as a friend because I break down and I mess up a lot, and she can get a little impatient, but I'm glad to have her there because she puts up with my clumsy ass, sometimes stupid ass, and mostly moody ass behaviors and decisions.

I know she's a bit younger than I am but it doesn't change the fact that she has taught me some of the most helpful life lessons and given me some of the most useful advice, even when I'm being a stubborn hard-head. I am very grateful for you and I am truly sorry, I apologize for the times that you've had to act like my mom to straighten me out and for the times that I've put you in tense situations. Happy birthday again. I hope you had a wonderful birthday and I truly am sorry that I missed out on celebrating it with you. I love you honey!




HAPPY 21st ANNIVERSARY to the most wonderful people I know.


It was ALSO my parents' 21st anniversary. They have been together, however, for 31 years- 10 years of being boyfriend & girlfriend and 21 years of being married happily. I tell people this story and they are just as amazed as I am to hear about a couple who is still together after that long, especially in this generation and society, where every couple seems to break up after just a couple years of marriage.

I feel like they do have that kind of love you only read about in fairy tales. You know, the kind of love that separates them for a while because of certain circumstances, but somehow, they find a way back to each other kinda thing. The kind of love that caused both of them to have their first and last relationship with each other. The kind of love that gives off hope and strength. The kind of love that is understanding, balanced, and patient. The kind of love that you feel even if you didn't know they were together; you don't have to know for you to feel it when you're around them.

They met when they were both 17 years old. Ironically, they are two days apart from each other, and ever since they met, they've pretty much stuck with each other. They were on and off for little bits of time but they were together in general. The only circumstance that took them apart was when my dad had to move to Saudi Arabia nine days after they got married because of his employment as an engineer. I remember my mom telling me the story and how her world seemed like it was crashing down on her and her heart felt like it was breaking because he was there and she was in the Philippines. But not long after that, she moved to Saudi Arabia with him and that's when I came in the picture. That's where I was conceived.

Fast forward to now, 31 beautiful years later, they are still in love, and they are still strong, together. And I truly admire their devotion and they love because it gives me hope that one day, I'll have what they have now. I thought I was gonna meet someone when I was 17 too but that didn't happen (my sister is ahead of me in that department) but I'm not trippen. Seeing them everyday, and being able to be a part of another year they are together keeps my faith that that kinda love still exists...Happy anniversary Mom & Dad. I pray that you may have another 21 more years and much more together. Thank you for everything, I love you both dearly!



No comments:

Post a Comment