Saturday, December 26, 2009

Words


I don't believe in words anymore. I believe in tone. I believe in expressions. I
believe in reactions. I believe in actions. Words are only as strong as the power we give them.

Words don't make us feel the way we do. They don't make us the think
the way we do. It's the meanings behind those words that make them significant. It's
the reasoning behind those words that make us value them.

If you listen to someone speak, and I mean really LISTEN, you understand them by
their emotion, the passion, they hold to support the things that are coming out of
them. That's how you know when they're being sincere or sarcastic- how you can
differ a joke from a sentiment.

Come to think of it, two people can understand each other without speaking the same
language because of the WAY they speak. One who speaks French can understand and
feel love from another who speaks Portuguese because of the WAY they express it.

Someone can tell me they love me and not mean it and I'd know. Vice versa, someone
can tell me "I hate you" but know they meant differently. Someone can write me
something and mean the letter completely differently from how I've interpreted it
BECAUSE words can only do so much to communicate.

In the end, it's only words. Words without expression and passion, whether bad or
good, is like living with no food- it's the essence of life, the essence of
communication. Nope, I don't believe in words anymore. Words are only as
strong as
the power we give them.


1 comment: