Saturday, January 30, 2010

Something worth mentioning


Some obstacles have tested my ability to cope, and this time around, my challenges have exposed my unlimited strength and kindness that continue to unfold.



It takes a big person to withstand the tests of time. It takes a big will to accept challenges and defeats, and use them as lessons learned. It takes a big heart to continue showing kindness and generosity to those who have showed you otherwise. It takes a big woman to admit to pain and suffering, yet come out with the most valuable gift of all- courage.

Courage to love. Courage to have faith. Courage to be vulnerable. Courage to cry. Courage to smile and laugh. Courage to trust.

Throughout these past few days, I have been learning more about myself than the years I've tried to search for who I truly am. I had a talk with a good friend of mine because this past week had been so stressful, school-wise and personal-wise. I needed some fresh air and a good conversation to really express where I am at the moment. In doing so, I realized that kindness is second nature to me. My friend, as I spoke about the things going on with me and my feelings, said that I am unlimited- that I am willing to give and not get tired despite what has transpired.

I stopped for a moment, after he had said that, to think and absorb those words...and to be honest, I agree with him. Sometimes, there are things I do that I may not have an explanation for but that's okay because I know it's coming from my heart.

I am unlimited with patience. I am unlimited with strength. I am unlimited with kindness. I am unlimited with love. I am unlimited.

And I'm glad...



2 comments: