Sunday, February 28, 2010

Kanye SPEAKS to me


I know I haven't blogged in about two weeks because I have been busy with the intolerance in my school, with the whole racist notions people have over there. But that's not what I want to blog about tonight. I have other things in mind and they have been put on hold because of the movement. I lowkey appreciate that hold, but now, it has come to the light again. Now, as I reflect on my emotions and thoughts, I listen to Kanye's music and I'm relating so much. Basically the entire 808's & Heartbreak album is my shit right now.


Bittersweet, you're gonna be the death of me
I dont want you, but I need you,
I love you and I hate you at the very same time

See what I want so much, should never hurt this bad
Never did this before, thats what the virgin said
We've been generally warned, thats what the surgeon says
God talk to me now this is an emergency

And she claim she only with me for the currency,
You cut me deep bitch cut me like surgery

And I was to proud to admit that it was hurtin me
I'd never do that to you at least purposely

We breakin up again we makin up again
but we dont love no more
I guess we fuckin then




Okay I'm back up on my grind
You do you and I'm just gone do mine
You do you, cause I'm just gone be fine...
Baby girl I'm finished
I thought we were committed
I thought we were cemented
How I thought we meant it
Now we just forgetting
Now we just resenting
The clouds in my vision
Look how high I be getting
And it`s all because of you
Girl we through





I've found my closure. It shouldn't hurt this much to "love" someone. I shouldn't have to convince anyone why they should be with me. I don't really have anything else to add because this song basically articulates the words for me because every single line, I can DEFINITELY relate to. I'm done bending over backwards, and I shouldn't have to when I need to express how I feel and what I think. I need to be with someone who wants me just as much as I do him. It's not good for my ego, my mind, or my heart to fight for someone who isn't even willing to fight for me. & please don't think I'm bitter because I'm not. I'm hurt, yes...but bitter? NO. I just made some crucial realizations and I need to keep them as close to me as possible.

WARNING: Do not fall for me if you can't catch me when I fall for you.


4 comments:

  1. heh i can relate when it comes to Kanye's music speaking to you, especially the last two albums. 808s & Heartbreak was pretty much all i listened for a while after i broke up with the first girl i ever loved. I hope that this realizations that you've come to make you stronger without decided to close your heart off because one thing i've learned is that there will always be someone for you even if it's not who you want it to be. Keep your head up ;)

    P.S. LOVE that last quote, i may just steal it lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was beggining to worry you had left the blog world. I enjoy your posts so much, especially the real ones, like this one.
    But i'm confident you're strong enough to keep on goin'
    cause i kno you're not a quitter.

    ReplyDelete