Friday, July 24, 2009

Dreams: Part Two

They say the things you dream about are either based on the things you fear or things you want most. According to Freud, it's because your instincts are hiding you deepest and darkest fears and desires through them. Which brings me to exhibits A and B.

I woke up at 6:43 am today from a dream that I was waiting at the doctor's office patiently and quietly by myself, then suddenly, an elderly Filipino man comes in and starts talking to me. I didn't mind it at first until he asked if I would spend the rest of the day with him. That's when things got really uncomfortable for me. Then another man comes in and I feel as if both of them were watching my every move. All of a sudden, the doctor finally comes out and blurts out saying, "You owe me for this, big time" with a $1300 tab on his hand. Not only did that make me even more uncomfortable, it made me confused- in the dream and right now, as I'm recalling it.

In the same sequence of dreams, a few reels before the uncomfortable doctor visit, I found myself dreaming, as if it were reality. I was laying down the same way I did last night, then I all of a sudden wake up really early and still quite dark (like I did this morning, when I started writing this) to a series of text messages with my mind on one in particular. It was in response to a picture message I sent to someone. Then all of a sudden, the series of messages all became visible, and they all just so happened to come from the same sender. One of which made me particularly happy in the dream, and it said something to the effect of, "I wish I could have a baby now..." Then as soon as I read that, I found myself in the doctor's office.

It's crazy to think about these dreams and try to even begin to analyze what they mean, because recently, I've been getting similar ones like the first series. They all resemble each other simply because they could easily be reality: the scenery, the event, and the emotions are so similar to what really is, which is the mere action and reaction of getting a text message, a BBM, or a call. It portrays a desire, but sometimes, the fact that I cannot tell dreams from reality is the most frightening. I would really wake up in reality and check my phone to make sure whether or not it was real, and often times than not, it was but a dream.



No comments:

Post a Comment